So, 2013 is gone and yet another year is upon us. 2014.... sounds weird and I still can't get over that I was born in one century and I will die in another. The picture above I found this morning someone had posted it on Facebook, I think my mother-in-law and I stole it! ;) I learned this last year, somewhere through the mess and the chaos of 2013 I found myself. Who I am, what I want, what's important to ME and it didn't matter if ANYONE liked it. We get ONE life in which we will do everything we will ever do.... I do not want to get to that point where I'm dying and reminisce on all the things I did because I thought I was SUPPOSE to do them. I want to die knowing I did everything I wanted to do and all that I believe I should do. Like I said in the last blog though I am not making resolutions, I'm making goals..... simple sentences on small sheets of paper that are attainable and nothing I don't want to do. More on that in a moment though.
We went to a little New Year's party last night, I had fun, but the kids and the husband had more fun. We go home around 10pm and my oldest went to bed! I rang in the New Year with my hubby, my fur babies and my youngest baby. It wasn't the most fun or exciting, but it was what I wanted. We have agreed though we are going to have to start trying to go home on New Year's. It's not the same without family and we usually spend every New Year's with his side of the family. I didn't have but one or two drinks and that was fine. I didn't have a hangover today either. I was tired, but that's because my bedtime is closer to 9 or 10 not midnight haha
Now, back to the goals. I want to loose 60 pounds, I want to become pregnant again and get ready to welcome the madness that I LOVE back into our world. (It wasn't until last year that I realized what makes me crazy is exactly what I want and love.) I want to build many things a HUGE farm house table is first on the list hopefully to be built in February. I want to go places and see things (we have plans to go to DisneyWorld towards the end of this year). I want to be actively involved in my life..... Present.... Not always worrying or looking ahead.... Be here right now in this moment. The laughs and the cries will not always be here, I will not always be the one they want to tell the great moments to, and I will not always be the one who can fix the boo boo's. They tell me they are going to live down the street from me and come see me everyday when they get older, but I know they won't. If they do fantastic, but I want them to grow up and find love and have their own family and I know once that happens they will be busy.
Being here and being present is the greatest gift I can give them, I will stress and worry when I sleep because they are sleeping and so I'm not missing anything but their beautiful and not so beautiful dreams.
I want to take a picture everyday this year a good wonderful perfect picture of everyday of 2014. I will have it turned into a beautiful book that I will call 365 moments of 2014.... One year. It's so long yet so short and you don't realize how short until you have children. Then you start to see the moments pass and somewhere between the good, bad and in between they grow up. I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old (he will be 4 in 3 months and 9 days). I believe it's all went so fast that we've had so many wonderful and heartbreaking moments in the short 7 years I've been blessed enough to be a mother.
So, I guess what all this nonsense is about is being present. Try it to actually live in the moment everyday or even for just a couple hours everyday. I've noticed so much in the 3 weeks I've made an effort to do it. And I never realized how much I missed and how much I can see when I'm quiet and I pay attention and listen.
I also did a project the last few days of last year (still weird).... I will post all about tomorrow!
Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment