So, I actually got some pretty great photos taken on Christmas we were all dressed up and some were goofy and some were serious. I wanted to order prints for birthday (which is 4 days after Christmas).... I started looking and I decided Canvas Prints are better for my life. We move a lot and the glass of picture frames gets old after you've lost 20+ of them due to moving and no one understanding how you should pack a truck. Well, canvas prints can run you $70-$170 depending on what size and for a decent print.
I headed over to Pinterest to find an easy cheaper way of making these great photos. Something that without a doubt will be able to live through my life.....
I came across MANY tutorials and I combed through google and did lots of research before I dare to try it. I ordered my pictures from MPIX, they have wonderful quality prints for a decent price, fast shipping (if you want it) and you can choose to not let them edit your edits.
I paid a little over $30 for a 4x6, 5x7 and TEN 8x10's. That included $14 for 1 day shipping, because I didn't want to wait 5-10 days and it was my birthday.
I went to Michael's who was having a sale and got TEN 8x10 canvases for $12.99, Mod Podge for almost $9.00, but had a 50% of coupon for that.
I then went to Walmart and bought 3 2oz bottles of acrylic paint (black) I wasn't sure how much I was going to need, but they were .57cents a piece so it wasn't a big deal and I wound up using 1/4 of one bottle. A pack of 4 sponge brushes, for .97cents.
My total wound up being- $57.03
For TEN canvas prints and two photos that I put in frames I bought at T.J. Maxx for $8.00.
I started by painting the edges and a little on the front of the canvases black. I let them dry for 24 hours and this was before my pictures got here because I didn't want to wait lol
The next day after they were dry I cut my pictures just a little because the prints are just a little too big to fit perfect on the canvas, then I put Mod Podge all over the canvas, laid the photo on it and made sure there weren't any bubbles or anything. Then I Mod Podged all over the front of the picture.... Deep Breath your beautiful prints have creamy white Mod Podge (Matte kind not glossy) all over them..... It dries clear so don't worry!
After letting them dry for another 24 hours they were not creamy, but looked amazing and were sealed and glued..... I couldn't wait to hang them up.... So I did!
This clock I already had and I bought the "decal" when we moved here in July. I placed all the photos around the clock and the decal and we LOVE IT. It's a beautiful feature wall in our living room and really captures what I have tried to do with my family! I have BIG plans in the future to make these as Christmas gifts and more. It's so easy and not expensive at all. I could make TEN gifts for $50.... You can't beat that! If you have any questions feel free to comment and ask! I hope you will share pictures of your DIY Canvas Prints too! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment