Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Our first summer!

Last year was our first year with a school aged child and he attended a year round school. (One of the many reasons I picked his school and the neighbor we live in because it WAS year round.)

We get a letter only weeks before school is to get out and a 4 week summer just turned into an 11 week summer with not much planned and a terrified mom. I am always so worried that my kids will make my same mistakes, not take school seriously enough. Boy, if i could go back..... I can't and so my redemption is to make sure my kids do their absolute best in school and grow up to have an absolutely amazing life.

I never want them to struggle the way I've had to struggle. It was GREAT life experience and I am so glad I have lived the life I have, but I don't want that for them. I want, like so many others I'm sure, to be able to just speak to my kids and they get it and they do it.... Will it happen? Probably not, but I will try because it's what they deserve.

Summer on the other hand is slowly but surely coming to an end these days and before I know it I will be the PROUD mom of a 1st grader!! I'm nervous for him to go to school and I'm nervous for me to finsh my last year. 8 years in the making and I am going to graduate with an Associates come May. I'm so excited I just can't even believe it, but it's gonna take a lot of hard work to get it done too and that I'm nervous about!

So, anyone else have kids that are starting school or going back to school?

No comments:

Post a Comment