Monday, December 23, 2013

This journey….

This journey to find myself has been a long one, it hasn't been easy and I'm glad I finally made it to where I needed to be for so long.....

Growing up wasn't the easiest or the best thing and quite honestly I want to write a book about it I'm just not sure where to start.

I was married at 17, I was a mom for the first time at 18, for the second time at 21 and now in 6 days I'll be 25. Married for 7 years, and mom to two wonderful boys, 3 and 6. I've moved 7 times and not all of them were because of PCS.

I've learned in the last 5 months, I am enough, I don't need anyone to tell me that and so I've made a vow. For the rest of the year I am not allowed to stress, big or small it doesn't matter anyway. What's done is done and I will enjoy the time off with my children. I will watch and learn from them. I will photograph them and learn from that. I will grow through them and with them and get back to why I wanted to have my heart outside of my body in the first place.

My oldest goes back to school on the 13th of January I go back on the 8th, until these dates I will be solely focused on my children and letting them I love them more than they will ever understand (ever, because they will grow up to be dad's and I just don't think it's the same for them.... haha).

I hope to post what we do and the things we learn. I want to write again and I'm finally at a place where I am able to do that, if I don't write I can't sleep.

So things on the list are to enjoy cookies, hot chocolate and milk, and watch Christmas movies all day tomorrow (after a last minute trip to Walmart, yes I'm crazy) and some light cleaning. We will open up our Christmas eve presents which are always P.J.'s and this year I've added house shoes! :) It is my favorite time of year despite my husband being the Grinch (haha he isn't that bad and he "entertains me"). I am excited for the next couple of days and I know the boys will love it..... Hopefully being "lazy" won't be hated and instead will be loved. We will have a Pot Roast for dinner and that means NO COOKING for me which is great since I will cook ALL day on Christmas, but we are small group and so it really isn't that bad!

I'm sorry I haven't been posting I'm new and I am trying so bare with me getting to this new place I think it's going to become easier!!

Merry Christmas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment