Boy I will tell you, when I lived in Alabama almost as far deep south as you can go I never once complained of the "heat" on Christmas or the rain it was just what it was and that is just how it was.
When I lived in Arizona in the middle of the desert almost in Mexico I never complained of the 75 degree sunny Christmas day and the very cold 30 something degree night that almost instantly followed.
But when I moved to North Carolina..... NORTH...... I expected something more than Mother Nature is giving me this year.... Last year this time we were so cold we almost couldn't stand it and we got coffee and hot chocolate and we went and saw Christmas lights everywhere.
BUT
This year its 70 something degrees here ------ there is snow in San Diego for the first time since 2008 and 1967 before then..... But here..... RAIN and 73 degree days..... I am not complaining that it doesn't feel like winter at all or Christmas for that matter. I'm simply wondering if this is Christmas from now on what the hell is happening out there and why aren't we trying to make it better?
Are we really doing so much damage that our summers will be our winters and our winters our summer? And are we leaving this for our kids? Will I have to move to another country where it will be cold on Christmas? I'm not expecting or asking for a white Christmas being southern and still technically living in the South, but my goodness needing gloves and hat wouldn't hurt!
So, now hopefully and maybe we will finally see Christmas lights tomorrow of Christmas eve and it is really tampering with our traditions I will tell you that!
Until next time ~ One Crazed Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment