When your heart feels heavy, you have to stop and listen to it, I haven't. For a good week now when the opportunity appeared I ignored it, I pretended like I didn't hear it and for that I've paid. Today is a foggy, dreary day here in North Carolina (those happen a lot), but today is different it's quite and its reflecting.
You can't ignore a heavy heart when it's all you can hear. I've prayed, I've cried, I've yelled, all in just 2 hours since I woke up..... You see I had some drama happen about a week ago and that hasn't helped on the heaviness of my heart. It took my favorite time of year and turned it in to a time I want to go away. I don't want to do anything and I surely don't want to be around anyone.
This is extremely hard when you are a mom and wife and a full time student oh and you have a business. I want to crawl in a hole and never come out. The pain and the heartache I'm feeling isn't something that happens often these days and instead of having a "Merry Christmas Time", I for the first time feel very "humbug-ish".
So, I am taking this much needed self reflection time and with everything I have I will pull myself out of this slump, because I don't have a choice, but also because I'm missing out my time of year and ruining it for everyone else!
Just remember that you can't ignore a heavy heart and when you do it just makes things that much more difficult.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment